Oral History Video
This seems to be the step that makes most of our applicants nervous. This could be one of the best experiences you’ll have in completing any application. Most applicants say they don’t know where to begin…..we suggest starting at the beginning. Here are some starter questions to get the ball rolling.
- Where were you born?
- When did you come to Hawaii? (if they weren’t born here)
- When did you join the ILWULocal142?
- Why did you feel it was important to join a union?
- What benefits do you think the union has provided you and your family?
- Have you ever had to go on strike? Why? How did it affect your family?
- Do you think you have better benefits, salary and working conditions than people you know who do not belong to a union?
Your video doesn’t need to look like a professional production. You can easily record it on an iphone or other mobile device. It does, however, have to be understandable so make sure your questions and the answers can be heard by testing before you do the entire interview.