About the Scholarship
About the Harriet Bouslog Scholarship
The Harriet Bouslog Labor Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance for education at any school in the University of Hawaii System to the family members of existing and retired ILWU Local 142 members as well as the members themselves, subject to a preference in favor of the children and grandchildren of active and retired members and a further preference in favor of High School seniors.
To receive the HBLSF scholarship, the Applicant must be either:
- Be related to a current, retired or deceased member of ILWU Local 142, or a current member themself
- Be attending or planing to attend a College in the University of Hawaii system
- Be applying to Hawaii
- Be studying full time
- Currently be a high school senior or undergraduate freshman
- Have done community service
Up to 10 scholarships are awarded each year with the following award amounts per semester:
- U.H. Manoa - $2,000
- U.H. Hilo/West Oahu - $1,000
- U.H. Community Colleges - $750
Click on the links below or to learn more visit Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ) to get more details.